when to euthanize ?

I'm so sorry about your hen. Chickens bring a joy that's so different from other pets. When to let go is the hardest decision we have to make, because we always hope we could do more. When I was in the situation, my avian vet said chickens try so hard to seem ok, that when they actually show they're having a problem it's usually something serious.

As to your question of when to euthanize, you said it yourself that she's losing weight, isn't improving, and isn't her self. Since it is a matter of when, I say do it when YOU are ready (well, as ready as you can be). Know that you did what you could, consulting vets 3 times in 3 months.

Much love to you and your girl, and her bestie too ❤️ :hugs
thank you

Who knew, indeed. I’ve lost two this year, and it’s so bizarre, like one day they are squeaking about wanting to forage, then the next day it’s too far gone. I just lost Ms. Betty White this week, and as long as she would accept the soft food we put in her mouth after she stoped eating or drinking on her own. The one thing I stopped short of doing was tubing her food. She passed the same day we last fed her, but honestly, we had been treating her for weeks with no up tick in health, so I am glad she is out of her misery. It’s still sad, but as long as she is eating, I say let her. Maybe will have some good suggestions for you that might just turn it all around.

Good luck 🍀
i am so sorry about Betty White

Back
Top Bottom