When To Expect Everyone to Lay?

MesMama

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Iowa
I have 8 one year old BO's and 7 are laying pretty much daily, a couple times all 8 have laid. Do I need to be concerned or is this normal when they're this age?

Okie dokie! I won't worry
1f60a.png
I was a little concerned about one or two maybe getting egg bound? But I'll just sit tight and wait!
1f604.png

I have 3 6 month old hens. 2 Americaunas and a BO. My BO just started laying finally, yesterday but the Amer aren't even looking close. What is up? They should have started over a month ago right? Nothing is unusual about them or their environment; seem content, eating well, happy hens. Help!

I have 3 6 month old hens. 2 Americaunas and a BO. My BO just started laying finally, yesterday but the Amer aren't even looking close. What is up? They should have started over a month ago right? Nothing is unusual about them or their environment; seem content, eating well, happy hens. Help!

While it is true that some birds may start at 5 months, there is no "should" about it - they lay when they are ready and it can take anywhere from 5-7 months or longer. At six months they are in no way delayed,nor is it concerning that they have not begun to lay yet.

Back
Top Bottom