When to mix chicks with flock

Krystalinnea

Hatching
Jun 15, 2022
I have a hen that hatched one chick a couple weeks ago. She is in a separate room with it now. The room is visible to the rest of the flock, but has a wire door between. I am wondering when I can mix her and her chick back in with the rest of the flock?
There are 3 year old chickens in my flock, and I just introduced some that I got as chicks in May.
The reason I want to let her in with the rest is because I have one other broody hen sitting on eggs that are going to hatch in a couple weeks and I would like to give her the room when she has her eggs hatch..

I have a hen that hatched one chick a couple weeks ago. She is in a separate room with it now. The room is visible to the rest of the flock, but has a wire door between. I am wondering when I can mix her and her chick back in with the rest of the flock?
There are 3 year old chickens in my flock, and I just introduced some that I got as chicks in May.
The reason I want to let her in with the rest is because I have one other broody hen sitting on eggs that are going to hatch in a couple weeks and I would like to give her the room when she has her eggs hatch..
Hi there. The sooner the better usually. I haven’t ever kept a broody and chicks separated from the flock. Mom will protect the chick and help it integrate with the others.

Back
Top Bottom