When to mix two flocks

Oct 16, 2020
I have a couple coturnix quail that are about 6 weeks old, neither of which seem to be producing foam, and 4 adults who are 1 male and 3 females.

I set up a new, larger coop for them to be together, but do you think it’s okay To mix them?

They’ve been in cages next to eachother for a while, but can’t really see one another. Maybe they can smell eachother, but that’s it. What do you think? Go for it, or wait another week?

If they're all adults, there's not much point in putting it off unless you can give them a clearer view of each other. Quail rely on their sight more than their sound or scent.

If you already have birds in the new coop, take them out, rearrange everything, then put the new birds in before the ones who were in there. If it's empty now, so much the better.

The younger ones arent *quite* adults, but they are close. And it’s such a small number in both groups... Plus, I’m moving them into a seriously enormous cage. There will be plenty of space for them to hide and get away from one another

Back
Top Bottom