when to move quail to brooder

jimmythechicken

Songster
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
mansfield
most of our quail are hatched most hatched between 6-9 this mornig how long should i leave them in the bator the still look wet but the humidity is 97% in there so i dont think they will dry in there the are starting to peck at each other think they may be getting hungry.we have about 12 eggs left that i will leave in for a while longer see what happens.there brooder is at 102 right now.

we just moved them the humidity was at 99 an temp went down to 93 took out chicks fast an temp back to 101 an humudity is dropping now down to 92% about 15 eggs left in there lets hope for a few more.those darn bob whites are nuts stampeding out of the bators runnig every where i was just pick up top to fit my hand in an grabing 5-10 at a time.it was pretty wild fluffing up good in brooder.an eating an drinking well.
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
i think we made it threw our first hatch see you again in three weeks that was awsome:woot

I move by buttons to the brooder as soon as they hatch ... I like to keep a close eye on them for the first few hours.
I know you aren't suppost to but I'm afraid they'll fall back behind my egg trays like a baby chick did! My incubator is like 3 Ft. high soooo...

Back
Top Bottom