When to Name Chicks?

We would go "grocery shopping" at the zoo. The kids thought it was weird, but they know where food comes from and it ain't the grocery store.

Only one will help me clean dinner.
My husband would help his mom as a boy to clean chickens so that's why he wanted them. It was his memory with his mom and he wants to give our boys that. He will be the one cleaning them tho. Haha. Maybe one I will but it'll take a while.

Jerked Chicken! :lau:lau:lau

Can't believe I missed that one! I've got a couple flock jerks! I am so using that one.
Mine was a HUGE jerk as a chick. He’s all right now, not my favorite, one of the boyfriend’s pets, very dominant guy. I didn’t realize I’d given him a food name for a long time, but so I did!

I only name mine once they lay an egg. Before that they are just the small one or the gray one or the fiesty one, etc. Minus one barred rock who was our first baby cockerel he earned the name Dump Truck within the first week of his life :lau When we gave him away to a friend of ours to be used for breeding they even kept the name.

I only name mine once they lay an egg. Before that they are just the small one or the gray one or the fiesty one, etc. Minus one barred rock who was our first baby cockerel he earned the name Dump Truck within the first week of his life :lau When we gave him away to a friend of ours to be used for breeding they even kept the name.
I'm interested in this story!

Back
Top Bottom