When to throw in the towel...

If you put them in on March 9th, you have time then! 21 days aren't up until 3/30!

ETA: I just re-read the thread and you put them in on the 2nd, so you are further along but still not too far out. Crank your humidity, seal incubator and leave on lockdown a few more days. People have mentioned having chicks hatch up to day 26, so I wouldn't give up until after the 29th. The hardest part is letting them be.

PS: Yes you have a female in the pic you shared! YAY!

Last edited:
Candle them to know for sure. Full eggs are still alive. If the embryo has died it will sink towards the narrow end and there will be a lighter, watery gap between the air cell and embryo with no veins visible.

Yes March 9th
Candle them to know for sure. Full eggs are still alive. If the embryo has died it will sink towards the narrow end and there will be a lighter, watery gap between the air cell and embryo with no veins visible.
i candled them it looks like a lot of air, I feel like more than when I put them in lockdown. I tried to get a decent picture. Not sure how much you can see but it looks like too much light shining through to me.

Attachments

• D780C32F-3D0E-4CC1-A029-E231C2B1D9AC.jpeg
    D780C32F-3D0E-4CC1-A029-E231C2B1D9AC.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 17
The air cell does draw down a lot as the chick nears the time it will pip internally. As long as it's dark under that then they should be hatching for you soon. Sometimes you can see the membrane flexing slightly at one particular spot where it meets the air cell. That's the chick trying to pip internally. :fl

Back
Top Bottom