When Will It End?

what about finding work as a personal support worker?...you can set your own hours in most cases ans work around the kids school schedule

So sorry that your family is facing this. I hope your husband understands that it is difficult for families to make it on one income. I can't think of any couples I know that doesn't have at least one job each and most have two and sometimes three.
I am sorry about all of your losses.
I hope things get better for you soon.

What exactly is a personal support worker? I've not heard the term before.

I have a BSN, so I should have a great deal of options open to me. It's just finding something close to home that doesn't infringe on the kid's schedules.

Em

sorry to hear about your troubles...what about a home health nurse?...they go to the peoples houses...work an hour or so...check vitals...clean wounds...etc.... then go to another house..etc..and it is real flexiable hours..and usually always day hours for the licensed nurses..just a thought...good luck..Wendy

I'm so sorry
hugs.gif
We have also been having a hard time, but have not had as many challenges as you have. I also am having to consider working, and we have also tried so hard to have me be at home during the years before dd goes to 1st grade. It's such a hard thing to think about.
hit.gif

a personal support worker is basically the same as a home care nurse...

I have worked as PSW for years now and I have been able to work around my kids schedules....

I go to peoples homes that are post-op
change bandages
drains
vitals
personal hygiene
making meals

I also have a few cleints that are aging and they need help to be able to stay in thier own home instead of going to a nursing home

I have had NICU patients that the hospital has discharged but they need oxygen or suction

Oh Em... things have to get better soon. Going back to work is not the end of the world, though I know it is not your ideal situation right now.
hugs.gif
I look back in the late 70s early 80s and wonder how my parents managed to sustain a family of 5 on the same that you're doing now. That you've managed this long is a testimony to your perserverence and character. I know Christmas will happen, sooner than later... put it out there, what you need, and it will happen.

On the sadder note, your cat and chickens DO sound like poisoning... is there anything that they could have gotten in to accidentally, or do you suspect foul play?

Regardless, you have our hearts and prayers...
hugs.gif
for things to turn around soon.

Ah, home health care, I understand.

I plan on looking at the few agencies we have in the area that offer HHC.

There's also a new Hospice that opened up close to my Mom's place. I worked Hospice for years.

The local hospital has an opening for their ICU, but it's 12 hour shifts, and those just won't do.

Most places want to put you into supervisory positions with a BSN, and I'm not willing to deal with the B.S. that a supervisor's position carries.

My husband called a bit ago and is beating himself up mentally because he never finished his schooling. He has his LPN and feels if he had finished his RN, we'd be fine. Now I know why he's so upset about all this.

Life happens. It's not his fault.
Em

Em...are you convenient to the University of Pittsburgh?...you might be able to snag a research nurse position there. Most of those jobs are daylight....

give hubby a
hugs.gif

it is the nasty economy...it is hitting everywhere...

my DH is a millwright and 1 year ago we were doing fine...now nothing has changed wth the amount of income but we are now living paycheck to paycheck

I have a sick dog sitting on my lap right now I just cant afford to take her to the emergency vet ..i hate to say it she has to wait till monday when our vet opens...they will take payments..

Back
Top Bottom