1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When will my whole flock lay???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by futurefarmer93, Nov 5, 2014.

1. futurefarmer93

futurefarmer93 New Egg

Aug 17, 2014
    Moreno Valley, Ca
    I have one girl, a Production Red, who began laying over a month ago i'd say she lays around 5/7 eggs a week. However, I have 5 other hens whom have yet to lay their first egg! Yes, they are all different breeds, but they are roughly the same age a week apart or so. I have a French Black Copper Maran, a Buff Orpington, an Americauna, Barneveldar, and a mix breed between an Americauna/leghorn. They are all 5-7 months old, most likely 6-months, when will the others begin to lay? They are all pretty big hens already.[​IMG]

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    WELCOME TO BYC!

This can drive you nuts! The other pullets are just taking their time. Once they start, they should lay very regularly and their eggs should be well formed. When pullets start very early, they tend to have issues laying their eggs. So make sure they have food, water and calcium. Also, are their combs red? Are they squatting? If so, those eggs will be coming down the pipes really soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by