when will my yearling Chinese Geese lay?

bravevline

Songster
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
the answer in spring is simply not good enough! its ideal to know exactly what month and at the beginning middle or end! i live in oklahoma!!!

the answer in spring is simply not good enough! its ideal to know exactly what month and at the beginning middle or end! i live in oklahoma!!!
lol.png
"not good enough" haha. In my tiny neighbourhood my geese started laying before anyone else´s. They started in the winter...... It´s down to them...Or give 'em a pencil and tell them to mark it on the calendar!
tongue.png
wink.png
Just wait.......
pop.gif

What a lesson in patience, eh?
roll.png
I have two new geese and I´m dying to see what they produce with my young males from last year, but I have to wait until the winter.....tum-te-tum-te-tum....
big_smile.png

They will lay February 18th, 2:57 PM. Exact enough for you?
big_smile.png

This thread reminds of when my mother worked at the local airport. People would call in, asking if their flight next week or next month would be delayed. That always cracked her up.

My yearling goose started laying in October. 45 eggs and counting. She obviously runs on a different calendar from mine.

Disclaimer: Your geese may refrain from laying this spring if they're ganders.

I have a white chinese goose that started laying when she was a litttle over 6 months, and that was at the end of Sept.. She is still laying, but we do take her eggs. I live in Oklahoma too. But I got my first geese in Dec,20012, so they're new to me. I just know I love them,
love.gif

big_smile.png

This thread reminds of when my mother worked at the local airport. People would call in, asking if their flight next week or next month would be delayed. That always cracked her up.

My yearling goose started laying in October. 45 eggs and counting. She obviously runs on a different calendar from mine.

yuckyuck.gif

Hard to say when they will lay. Last year my goose laid her first and only egg at the beginning of March. A friend of mine his geese laid eggs in February. His geese were also 3 months younger than mine. I have not seen any mating here yet. I have seen my gander getting snippy at the necks of his 2 girls. Maybe these 2 will lay sooner than the late Natasha.
Fun waiting game which will be followed by the waiting to hatch game.

big_smile.png

gig.gif

They will lay February 18th, 2:57 PM. Exact enough for you? :D

This thread reminds of when my mother worked at the local airport. People would call in, asking if their flight next week or next month would be delayed. That always cracked her up.

two are females!

Back
Top Bottom