When will quails start laying eggs.

mallard_maniac

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2024
I have around 15(2 male rest are female)coturnix quail and they are around 6 weeks old. I also have 2 bobwhites (1male and 1 female). The bobwhites are around 6/6 and a half months old. I need to know when they will start to lay. Im giving them high protein diet and in Virgina the weather is warm. Please let me Know.
Edit: Also if anyone can tell me what age they will start mating and what age they will produce fertile eggs.

Last edited:
What does their housing look like?
Are they all in the same cage?
Can you post a few clear pictures of the cage/cages?

What % protein?

My newest are a little older. When they hit around that age I was so excited for eggs! Then they all started molting! Grrrr About 3 weeks later it's close to being done with feather making and I hope to see eggs soon! I've read so many different things on when they start but most say don't be worried till after 9 weeks. Hopefully we will both get eggs soon.

My newest are a little older. When they hit around that age I was so excited for eggs! Then they all started molting! Grrrr About 3 weeks later it's close to being done with feather making and I hope to see eggs soon! I've read so many different things on when they start but most say don't be worried till after 9 weeks. Hopefully we will both get eggs soon.
Yes hopefully soon

What does their housing look like?
Are they all in the same cage?
Can you post a few clear pictures of the cage/cages?

What % protein?
Ill try to post some pictures tomorrow morning. They are living in a spacious shed right now. Although i am planning on moving them into a chicken run for more sun and air. They are eating 30%

Back
Top Bottom