When will she lay

She will also do this noise that none of our other hens do and this just started, it’s kind of a low deep squawk for about 5 seconds when she pushes

When we touch her tail her vent will open and we can sometimes see it depending on the angle we look and her vent is always open. The is her vent

Attachments

• CEFE3974-4BD7-43EB-9720-D105216EF516.jpeg
    CEFE3974-4BD7-43EB-9720-D105216EF516.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 5
I thought for sure my BR would be the first to lay. Her comb and wattles reddened before the others and she was loud. She was also squatting for us and just walking around like she looked uncomfortable. She did this for a few weeks and finally laid her first egg around 22ish weeks towards the middle of January). I’d say you may still be a couple weeks away.

I thought for sure my BR would be the first to lay. Her comb and wattles reddened before the others and she was loud. She was also squatting for us and just walking around like she looked uncomfortable. She did this for a few weeks and finally laid her first egg around 22ish weeks towards the middle of January). I’d say you may still be a couple weeks away.
She’s been doing this for two weeks do you think she’s close? I mean she looks so uncomfortable and I feel bad because there’s nothing I can really do

I would say mine was at least 3-4 weeks of being loud and seeming “uncomfortable.” I kept saying to friends, she just needs to lay her dang egg already. When she finally did she stopped being so loud all the time. But I’m new to chickens so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom