when you hate something, you do it until it becomes ok...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chickenrandomness, Jun 5, 2010.

1. as some of you know, i can't stand frizzles, and as some of you know, i moved back to a city that allows chickens and roos... i've been looking for a quiet roo. i might try frizzles, they are starting to appeal to me, i'll try them, please post pics of your black frizzle chickens

2. Megs

Megs Songster

Aug 19, 2009
    sorry i cant post any photos, dont currently have frizzles, but im not a fan of naked necks and i ended up with a mix egg that is a NNX [​IMG] its growing on me.

3. chicknduck

chicknduck Songster

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Quote:I would also like to find a quiet roo to add to my flock of girls.

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hi! This is Chaps, a black Frizzle Cochin hen.
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, my Frizzle boys are no quieter/noisier than any other rooster.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I have frizzle seramas and at frist I din't like them AT ALL! Now I love them soooooo much!! They really really grow on you!!
    I don't have any black but here are some pictures of the ones I do have. Oh and if you are looking to buy any roos I have a
    few I have been trying to sell!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Songster

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I did the same thing with silkies now I have a rooster and am working on getting hens....good luck with your possible Frizzles

8. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I was the same way, I used to think frizzles were disgusting, now I wouldnt mind haveing a couple, as long as they are frizzled cochins. Still cant stand to look at naked necks though, dont think I would get over them either, I'd just catch some buzzards if wanted naked necks, they both look about the same.

9. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Songster

Dec 6, 2009
    I think frizzles are pretty but I wouldnt want any in my flock.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  10. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Songster

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    Quote:That is about the nicest cochin frizzle I have ever seen, though I cannot see his comb, he looks like show quality.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by