when you think typical white bird... what do you think?

Could you maybe get a better pic of her earlobes, Kristip? And maybe a profile pic to show her body shape? Maybe it's just the camera, but her left earlobe looks red to me??? She also looks way too heavy to me to be a White Leghorn. And her comb is kinda small for a Leghorn too.

Could she be a mix of some kind?

looks like a white rock and a sex link of some kind. Good layers. I've got two white rocks that are 4 years old that lay better than my 1.5 year old EEs. Their eggs are getting torpedo shaped as they're aging but still taste good.

Ok so you feel that both reds are red star or red comets?

Here is another picture. If I am looking at her right.(new to this) her earlobes are red rather than white.

64297_img_3747.jpg

Your red hens are definitely Red Sex-Links (aka Red Stars, Golden Comets, Cinnamon Queens, Gold Sex-Links, etc.).

Your white hen is probably a White Rock. She's a real pretty girl! I've heard a lot of good things about White Rocks and plan to order some next spring!
jumpy.gif

If I could get a leghorn that meaty-looking, I'd eat them! She looks way too hefty to be a leghorn, plus just wrong shape. Also, OP stated red earlobes. Why is it not a hatchery white Rock? That's my guess, and the other is some type of sex-link. Should both be nice layers!

Thanks everyone... I was thinking a white rock( hatchery quality) so that helps. And I was not sure that both reds were sex link because the color difference. Although the one is pretty young still. Both are very friendly and gentle.

Back
Top Bottom