When you trap a predator...how do you dispose?

If you are in town, and you have an area where you can't be seen, use a pellet gun to the head. It's quiet.

Quote:
There are many subsonic loads of 22LR as well, with much more power than say a pellet gun and likely it is legal to use. Air rifles against the law in many areas even if your intent is just to deter and cause no permanent damage to said pest.

This is a line I would dare not tread personally. With every work environment requiring a back ground check and my license to practice on the line i wouldn't risk breaking the law to dispatch a pest if it can be done legally.

Catch and release is a lot like dropping off unwanted dogs and cats. The happy thoughts that the unwanted will make their way and find a home because people are unwilling to take responsibility. Taking comfort in false hope and the fact that you are not there to see the suffering that your actions inflict.
If you trap an animal, you are responsible for any and all suffering that is inflicted on that animal. Seen or not.

i live outside of city limits so i just shoot it. But depending on the area you may be able to find some hunters who'll take it to use to train dogs with.

I say you drown it or THROUGH THE TRAP not directly slit the jugular with a knife, not nearly as cruel s it sounds as the animal bleeds out in a matter of seconds.

Here's a lengthy but good article on various euthanasia methods and their pros and cons:

www.avma.org/issues/animal_welfare/euthanasia.pdf

I don't think drowning is very pleasant for the animal as much as it's convenient for the human. Vehicle exhaust is also not a good method.

The most humane method one could use at home would probably be CO2. Get a tank of it from a gas supply company or brewing supply.

I just shoot it through the spaces on the trap,wait until the afternoon and wait till they go to sleep put the barrel to the head and pull the trigger,they're gone instantly no suffering and they had a nice last meal.

Back
Top Bottom