1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where are you from?????

Discussion in 'Quail' started by _Randall_, Nov 5, 2010.

1. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Just wondering why some folks don't put their current home town in their profile? I'm a member of several forums, and it's a fact that you're due a reply to a post if you make your home town known. A lot of answers to questions depend on regional climate! .......... [​IMG]

2. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Lol the question is where am I from, or where am I now? For us ex city stickers, from Chicago area, residing in SW Missouri.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I live behind "The Backwoods Boys" on the outskirts of Redneckville, & LOVE IT!

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Well, I am a Chicago gal transformed into a country gal...sooooo now residing in Fort Myers, FL [​IMG] [​IMG] where I have my farm of course [​IMG]

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:RANDALL, AS ALWAYS, MAKES A VERY GOOD POINT. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE SEE QUESTIUONS SEEKING KNOWLEDGE --- HARD TO GIVE ACCURATE INFO IN MANY CASES IF YOU DONT KNOW GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION

6. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:[​IMG] Well, quaillady, we know where you're from...........from your profile.......... (and you're down there close to the "quail expert / aka: JJMR") [​IMG] ............ but I really don't know why folks don't put their location (or where their quail pen's location is) in their profile???? When I read a post, ........... sometimes I'd like to chime in, but......... heck, I don't know if they're in Canada ....... or South America??? And answers, like I said, depend on geographical location, ya know??? Oh, well..........

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  7. Kwartel

Kwartel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Some people probably don't feel comfortable putting their location online. There are a lot of crazies out there and social networking sites put a ton of personal information out there for stalkers and other criminals to find and use. People share a lot online and it is pretty easy to focus in on someone and find out all sorts of things that they wouldn't normally tell a stranger on the street. They are probably just being security conscious. For me, anyone that manages to find my house can come inside and meet my friends. They come in all different calibers... [​IMG]

8. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Quote:I can agree there. If you are new to a site you don't know what to expect. I know i didnt &ave my location on here when I first joined. It wasn't until I felt comfortable did I put my location up there.

9. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:People, don't be paranoid, you do not have to advertise the town or even county you live in, but something like State of part of the state would be close enough to help answer questions where location or climat matters.

I do not think any crooks will be after me after I disclose my location, in my case Tampa Bay (Fl) which is much smaller area tham most states.

10. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Wowza, I must be aloof tonight [​IMG] But yeah, there are a lot of crazies out there but I agree with pascopal about not disclosing your address lol, rather just the city or area you reside in...heck I could live in North Fort Myer or Fort Myers Beach....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by