Where are you from?????

_Randall_

Songster
10 Years
Nov 3, 2009
Grenada, Ms
Just wondering why some folks don't put their current home town in their profile? I'm a member of several forums, and it's a fact that you're due a reply to a post if you make your home town known. A lot of answers to questions depend on regional climate! ..........
idunno.gif

Quote:
RANDALL, AS ALWAYS, MAKES A VERY GOOD POINT. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE SEE QUESTIUONS SEEKING KNOWLEDGE --- HARD TO GIVE ACCURATE INFO IN MANY CASES IF YOU DONT KNOW GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION

Quote:
smile.png
Well, quaillady, we know where you're from...........from your profile.......... (and you're down there close to the "quail expert / aka: JJMR")
tongue.png
............ but I really don't know why folks don't put their location (or where their quail pen's location is) in their profile???? When I read a post, ........... sometimes I'd like to chime in, but......... heck, I don't know if they're in Canada ....... or South America??? And answers, like I said, depend on geographical location, ya know??? Oh, well..........

Last edited:
Some people probably don't feel comfortable putting their location online. There are a lot of crazies out there and social networking sites put a ton of personal information out there for stalkers and other criminals to find and use. People share a lot online and it is pretty easy to focus in on someone and find out all sorts of things that they wouldn't normally tell a stranger on the street. They are probably just being security conscious. For me, anyone that manages to find my house can come inside and meet my friends. They come in all different calibers...
wink.png

Quote:
I can agree there. If you are new to a site you don't know what to expect. I know i didnt &ave my location on here when I first joined. It wasn't until I felt comfortable did I put my location up there.

Quote:
People, don't be paranoid, you do not have to advertise the town or even county you live in, but something like State of part of the state would be close enough to help answer questions where location or climat matters.

I do not think any crooks will be after me after I disclose my location, in my case Tampa Bay (Fl) which is much smaller area tham most states.

Wowza, I must be aloof tonight
smile.png
But yeah, there are a lot of crazies out there but I agree with pascopal about not disclosing your address lol, rather just the city or area you reside in...heck I could live in North Fort Myer or Fort Myers Beach....

Back
Top Bottom