Where are you from?????

I live in Oregon right on the Coast where it's cold and wet half the year. Game birds come pretty hard around here, cause they don't do wet very well. My introduction to winter this year was three separate thunderstorms in four days and about 2 inches of rain to go along with them.

I've been a country girl all my life. I live in a fairly small town, population 16,001 and growing due to tourism. I live about a block outside the city limits and can avoid the regulations and ordinances of town, but still have like, a bagillion neighbors with dogs they don't tie up.

All i have room for are my chickens, ducks, rabbits, quail, and my two sheep.

My mom lives on a real farm in the middle of no where. She has three sows due this weekend and three milk goats and 35 rabbits. She also yhas about 30 chickens as well.

I'm originally from northern IN, recently from Tampa FL, and currently in south-central KY
smile.png

" I live in a fairly small town, population 16,001 " SMALL! .... SMALL! THAT AINT SMALL. NOW RABBIT HASH KY WITH A POPULATION OF 106--- THATS SMALL
smile.png
(THEY'VE HAD A POPULATION BOOM SINCE I MOVED
sad.png
WAS 91 MY SR YR OF HIGH SCHOOL)

KWARTEL I'M WITH YOU. ANYONE GOES THROUGH ALL THE TROUBLE TO NARROW ME DOWN TO EXACT ADDRESS AND IS DUMB ENOUGH TO COME A KNOCKIN WITHOUT CALLING OR AN INVITE WILL GET THE PREDATOR TREATMENT= SSS. AS IN SHOOT, SHOVEL AND SHUT UP!

AS PASCOPAL POINTS OUT YOU DONT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR EXACT GPS CO-ORDINATES, BUT A NEARBY LARGER TOWN WILL USUALLY SUFFICE

I know that my state comes up when people view my profile. I hadn't even noticed that it isn't displayed under my avatar till I was looking at everyone else's. I'll admit that two years in Iraq and countless counter-terrorism and security threat briefings do make me more paranoid than most. I doubt that there are any terrorists on BYC, but old habits die hard. If there were, all they would have to do is use the search to look for terms like "military", "army", "deployment", or other related words and find my username, then read through my posts to find where I mention living in Winchester, OK. Then they could just wait till spring, drive out here and listen quietly for the sound of crowing coturnix to zero in on my location. Sounds ridiculous (and it is
roll.png
), but after a while your mind just starts working that way...

I think most people don't really think about whether everyone knows their location or not. I post regularly on the Okie thread and they know where I live, so it never crosses my mind. You can ask and most people probably wouldn't have a problem with saying where they are.

Quote:
Quail Lady,, you have NO idea the jealousy that is flowing through my veins!

Michigan is way too cold, but I go to florida for a week a year as a vacation in the winter, and I am SO jealous! I can imagine it, no heating the barn, no frozen water, no stuffy air that can make the rabbit sick,
barnie.gif
I just want to move!

Brunswick ,MD...used to be a big railroad town but now...not so much..more like a real little city .We're right on the Potomac river,kind of in a corner between Va. and W.V.
not a poultry friendly town. Town council voted recently that residents couldn't have chickens ...left unsaid was...b/c it might give people the impression that we are too ..uh..hillbilly.....arrrrgh!

Last edited:
Quote:
I understand where you're coming from but a lot of us here have at least 1 thing in common we love our birds and our pets although not everyone we meet is trustworthy, its nice to know if someone is from your neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom