where can I find info?

There should be some eggs starting to appear at 24 weeks. Have you tried increasing their light hours? You can start increasing by about a half hour every 2-3 days, until they are getting 15-16 hours per day minimum. That may stimulate some production.

As mentioned previously, get them on laying pellets if you haven't already, they need the protein. Cut back on the treats.

Thanks all for the replies. The chickens, paid for pullets when we bought them, are in a large chicken house during the night and part of the day. We let them out to free range around 12 or 1 then they go back in around dusk. The house is pretty well secure. We lined the entire inside including the floor with chicken wire. They have been on layer crumbles, as per the guy at the feed store for about a month, month and a half now. I started them at the time I thought should be right for them to lay. We don't have a light set up in their house but they have 2 huge windows. I guess if they don't start pretty soon I will try the extending the hours of light idea. Thanks again.

Quote:
Hi, I'm not sure what your set up is, and I'm a very new Chicken mama, so this may be a basic suggestion. In our haste to make sure our chickens were comfortable we put our coop under a huge, old fir tree. Too much shade! My husband has started turning on a light in the coop for about three hours a day and it has made a huge difference! We have plenty of eggs now with only about 5 layers.

Back
Top Bottom