Where can I get a sebright like this?

that's a golden sebright and can be found all over. if you are getting from a breeder check out the sebright thread for some good breeders. make sure to ask for pics as well and the closer they are to you the better that way you can go and check out their layout and see the birds in person before buying.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/348031/sebright-thread
Yeah. I think I'll order them from Cackle Hatchery. Thoughts?

cackle or murray mcmurray is were i would get mine if i had to choose a hatchery. also keep in mind the minimum you have to order as well

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/bantams_clean_legged_varieties.html
http://www.cacklehatchery.com/gseabright.html

here's cackle's:

Minimum of 5 birds of each breed variety/color. Straight Run are shipped at 1 day of age, the chicks arrive at your post office at 2-3 days of age .
MINIMUM ORDER: A minimum of 25 Bantam chicks Feb-March, 15 Bantam chicks for balance of year UNLESS YOU ARE ORDERING ONE OF THE CITY-TOWN OR SMALL ORDER SPECIALS

here's mcmurray's:
is the same minimum of 25.

i would get 5-10 sebrights and then the rest i would do an assortment of bantams

But can't you just get say, 5 sebrights at Cackle and be done with it? Or is it complicated?

I guess I'll take a small order special.

AREN'T CHICKENS AWESOME!!!

Last edited:

that they are...!
celebrate.gif

But can't you just get say, 5 sebrights at Cackle and be done with it? Or is it complicated?

I guess I'll take a small order special.

no not at cackle however mypetchicken as a 3 chick min but i wouldn't get any from them. the pics i have seen of their stock were bad...yes they are....also do some price checking i think getting the 25 is a better deal than the small order special and from what i see those specials only have large fowl.

Last edited:
I'll look into it... I have a hard time deciphering all the lingo.... I swear cackle said you could get 5 sebrights, min.

Breed
Group
Quantity
Per Chick
Price
To Purchase
Sebright
Straight Run
14.85​

Golden Silver
Sebright
Straight Run
27.70​

Golden Silver
Sebright
Straight Run
39.30​

Golden Silver
Sebright
Straight Run
63.50​

Golden Silver​

Here... That looks like 5 chick min.

I'll look into it... I have a hard time deciphering all the lingo.... I swear cackle said you could get 5 sebrights, min.

Breed Group Quantity Per Chick Price To Purchase
Sebright Straight Run 5 14.85
Golden Silver
Sebright Straight Run 10 27.70
Golden Silver
Sebright Straight Run 15 39.30
Golden Silver
Sebright Straight Run 25 63.50
Golden Silver

Here... That looks like 5 chick min.
(This is a min of that particular breed, not total order.)
They do have a city special, check toward the back of the catalog, it should be listed there.
Not sure what the min. is on the city special, but shipping is high, sometimes (depending on where you are at it is cheaper to get the 15 min after March.

Last edited:
Ok... Thanks. Can someone maybe get a personal order out of this hatchery?

Back
Top Bottom