Where can I get Light Sussex's in the USA

Does anybody know where i can buy light Sussex eggs or chicks in the US?????
First decide which of the 4 families you want to go to.
Greenfire Farms(Australian) too large to be shown in American Poultry Association shows. Get DQ'd on penalty points of being oversize.
2. American strains. Comprised of pure American strains and American/Greenfire cross strains. Based on size can compete and win in SPA shows.
3. Pure English strains: Very few: can compete and win in APA shows. 2 families that I know of. One in KY and one ( used to be mine but now belonging to Farmer Karl ( Thompson?) in Blairsville, PA. Of English origin, coming to US thru Canada years ago. The pure English SQ Boese strain ( tightly line bred on 3x APA Grand Champion cock "Senior") was crossed 2 years ago with a hen descended directly from the Pure English SQ Ross flock from Canada.
4. Canadian strains: available thru Waltz's Ark in Colorado and thru Farmer Karl in Blairsville, PA

Then check the BYC Sussex threads and Breeder's Directory of the Sussex club for who has what.
http://www.americansussex.org/sussex-breeders.html
Best,
Karen
If you decide on number 3 and want Farmer Karl's contact info, email me privately and I will send it to you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom