where can i get paperwork to be able to import fertile eggs to the US?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by changthor, Apr 8, 2009.

  1. changthor

    changthor Out Of The Brooder

    Apr 8, 2009
    I know that relivent paperwork is needed to import chickens from another country. Just where can I get them? How much would it cost me? I just love the Ko Shamo that originated from japan. I want to get my hands on some fertile eggs. But I also know that it's illegal without the relivent paperwork. Please help me firgure this out...if it's even worth going through all the trouble.
  2. StrawberryHouseMouse

    StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Im no expert on the laws. But why would you want to import eggs to the USA? Would they even make it? I would worry that they would be scrambled by the time they get here. When ever I buy anything out of the USA I usually have to wait 2 weeks or more also. That's not good for eggs to be in transit that long of time. You would likely be wasting your money.
  3. Katy

    Katy Flock Mistress

    Not only would take lots of paperwork, but lots of money. There have been threads on this subject before that you can probably find if you do a search.

    Lots of us would do it in a heartbeat if it were legal. I'd love to get my hands on eggs from some the orps and wyandottes they've got in europe.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  4. peckndirt

    peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ag department
  5. changthor

    changthor Out Of The Brooder

    Apr 8, 2009
    thanks a lot! Appreciate it.
  6. prariechiken

    prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 9, 2007
    You do realize that there is already ko shamo in the US.... Would be cheaper and less of a hassle if you checked some of the breeders here...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by