Where can i purchase 3 fertilized eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by countrygirl911, Jun 18, 2010.

1. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    Hi i was wondering where i can buy 3 fertilized chicken eggs at. I just bought my kids a small incubator that hold only 4 eggs. Th chickens i have will not lay eggs for sveral more weeks now and not sure if i have a rooster in the bunch i think i do but not sure. Any advice i would really appreciate it

2. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    You can buy eggs in as small of an amount as 3 at mypetchicken, but the shipping is pretty high.

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello! You can buy them on e-bay, and hatcheries will sell you fertilized eggs too. If there is a local farmer near you with chickens, I'll bet he/she would give or sell you a few......

I deal with the Meyer Hatchery in Polk Ohio. I know they sell hatching eggs......

Good luck!

Sharon

4. Thundrr-Chicken

Thundrr-Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Dover, Ohio
    you can look thru the hatching eggs auction forum ... if you see a breed you want... contact the seller and tell them what you want and work it out...

5. countrygirl911

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    ok thank you for letting me know i really appreciate i just want my kids to experience seeing a baby chicken hatch just like i did growing up

6. PriceFamilyFarms

PriceFamilyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Henderson, NC
    check craigslist in your area. Just go to the farm and garden section on search for hatching eggs. I'm sure you'll find something!

7. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    What kind of eggs are you wanting? You can see my breeds at www.elitesilkies.com I have a few different breeds, but not all are laying right now.

8. countrygirl911

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    I am wanting either RIR, Barred Rock, EE, or white leghorns

9. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:Sorry, I can't help you out with those breeds. I'm sure someone can you help out though. We have a tons of breeders here that do have those. Look on the Swap thread, I can't remember right off hand, but someone has RIR and another has barred rock.

10. roverjohn

roverjohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    KCMO
    Try a farmers market. You'll find lot's of fertilized eggs there. Just eat the extra nine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by