Where can I purchase a roundworm dewormer?

cpm991

Hatching
Aug 10, 2022
I am looking for a dewormer for my chickens and cannot find anything online! My chickens have roundworm (I saw it while cleaning their droppings). Please let me know if you have a link to a website where I can buy a dewormer. I have looked for Safeguard Aquasol and Flubenvet 1 % Medicated Premixture but couldn't find anywhere to buy it. I appreciate any help with this!! Need to purchase dewormer fast! Thanks!

I usually use safeguard or Valbazen. Both are brand names. Safeguard is a fenbendazole and Valbazen is an albendazole. Both treat roundworms and Amazon carries both, but I also see them in various livestock feedstores. Good luck treating your birds..

I usually use safeguard or Valbazen. Both are brand names. Safeguard is a fenbendazole and Valbazen is an albendazole. Both treat roundworms and Amazon carries both, but I also see them in various livestock feedstores. Good luck treating your birds..
Thank you so much! So horse dewormer is fine for poultry? Sorry I am new to this! So the paste can be put in their mouth? I will try this and research more but if you any details on how you do this, I'd appreciate it!

Thank you so much! So horse dewormer is fine for poultry? Sorry I am new to this! So the paste can be put in their mouth? I will try this and research more but if you any details on how you do this, I'd appreciate it!
@casportpony is one to ask about that matter. I have only used goat/cattle dewormers on my birds in the past. I usually use a liquid dewormer and give it to my birds orally...with a needless syringe of course.

It's fairly simple math.
For roundworms the dosage is 20-50mg/kg.
First you need to figure out how much the chicken weighs. Let's say 10#. 10# is 4.5 kg.
20-50 mg is quite a range. Go low if she's poor for a first dose. Go higher if she's otherwise in good shape.
So let's say you want to dose 30mg/kg. 30x4.5 is 135. The strength of the paste dewormer is 10%. Multiply 135x.10=1350mg or 1.35 g. If you have a scale that weighs out such a small amount great if not it's roughly the size of a large pea. I find it easiest to put it on some bread. Ball it up and feed. Repeat in 3 days.
You are using the product off label but the medication is identical no matter the animal it is packaged for.

Regarding Aquasol: I just got a call from my vet saying the fecal came up with round worm. She suggested Safe-Guard Aquasol. Long story short, after finding out the liter of it (for gasp $300) was out of stock and calling the company--(qcsnpply)--they said the supplier has 10 liter bottles in stock (versus the gallon for $1000) --and I shut my eyes and ordered the liter --so much cheaper than the gallon ;-(. Now I am reading that regular Safe-Guard paste would have sufficed? The stuff I order says we can keep eating the eggs with aquasol... (which gets added to water.)

Note to self: Put apple cider vinegar in their water more consistently, with an occasionally garlic clove. Preventative.

Also, my understanding is the supplier is not selling the liter size anymore. Why would they do that???

Regarding Aquasol: I just got a call from my vet saying the fecal came up with round worm. She suggested Safe-Guard Aquasol. Long story short, after finding out the liter of it (for gasp $300) was out of stock and calling the company--(qcsnpply)--they said the supplier has 10 liter bottles in stock (versus the gallon for $1000) --and I shut my eyes and ordered the liter --so much cheaper than the gallon ;-(. Now I am reading that regular Safe-Guard paste would have sufficed? The stuff I order says we can keep eating the eggs with aquasol... (which gets added to water.)

Note to self: Put apple cider vinegar in their water more consistently, with an occasionally garlic clove. Preventative.

Also, my understanding is the supplier is not selling the liter size anymore. Why would they do that???
Here's all you need https://www.chewy.com/safe-guard-eq..._term=4585032215045629&utm_content=Safe-Guard

Back
Top Bottom