Where can I purchase gravity feeders (hopper style, solid bottom)?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chickenbike, Jun 14, 2008.

1. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

Any help or links to sites that carry the solid bottom gravity feeders would be most appreciated! I have located them at Stromberg's, but the shipping is very expensive to Canada.

This is what I am looking for:

http://www.strombergschickens.com/products/feeders_trough.php

Scroll down and it's the last style. The Econo feeder....11.5" wide, holds 4.5 lbs of feed.

2. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Most any feed store of size would probably have a couple on hand. Mine does and it's really a horse store more than anything else. If yours doesn't stock them, they should be able to order with the info you have. No idea o/l. S/O else might though.

3. chickenbike

I'll try with the feed stores again. I didn't have much sucess earlier....maybe a different sales person will be better.

I do see that online they seem to be marketed as rabbit feeders most frequently. Perhaps the staff will recognize it more if I referred to it as such.

Thanks for your help.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    When checking at the feed stores/farm supply stores it never hurts to ask the manager if he can order one for you. I got mine at our local farmer's co-op. When I wanted a specific type of chicken feed I couldn't find anyone in our area that stocked it. I asked the manager of the co-op about it and he was glad to order it for me. He now keeps a couple of bags on hand for me. In today's tough economic times alot of stores are willing to go the extra mile to keep/get new customers. And what can you lose by asking right?

5. chickenbike

Thanks gritsar....I'll ask when I'm next in town. I need it soon as the chicks are growing.

6. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Sometimes they're also referred to as pig feeders.

7. jaruca

jaruca Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2008
    Georgian Bay, ON
    You can try Berry Hill, they are in southern ontario but you can shop online.

Berry Hill .

I have also seen them at my TSC store and I think they were in the rabbit supply area. HTH

8. chickenbike

Thanks for the info guys!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by