where can I sell my quail eggs???

Discussion in 'Quail' started by DLS, Jul 6, 2010.

1. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

I have & do sell quail & chicken eggs in MANY differant ways ... BUT I JUST found a New place for y'al to try and sell a few. I sold 100 eggs to a guy that wanted to BLOW the insides out & use as a decoration.
    There is one for the books [​IMG]

2. RhodeIslandReds

RhodeIslandReds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    fl
    Where did you sell the eggs at?

Thanks,
    RIrs

3. birdmaniac3000

birdmaniac3000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    los angeles
    yeah what website or place you sell em

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    probably to crafters or craft bazaars / fairs /craft stores

thanks for the idea Dan

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

A guy just stopped in & wanted to buy them. I think I will put a flyer up in the hobby stores & the pet shops also. [​IMG]

6. TomNY

TomNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2010
    Florists like them to put in bird's nests in flower arrangements. Tom

7. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    If you have any Ukrainian churches or cultural centers in your area (not too common, I know, but we have a couple here), you might ask if you can put a flier on their community bulletin board -- some of the Ukrainian ladies still make the intricately colored painted eggs for Easter -- I think they prefer duck eggs but might go for chicken -- worth a try.

Also, you can blow duck eggs out by making the holes with a dremel and then using an inflation needle attachment for an air compressor or vaccuum to blow out the contents -- its a lot easier than trying to do it by mouth, which is actually very hard to do after a couple of eggs -- leaves you feeling like you just ran a couple of miles. You might try this with chicken eggs, but they are a little more fragile than duck eggs. I don't think this would do anything but explode quail eggs since they're so delicate.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  8. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:I have seen the same hand painted eggs at the greek orthodox churches around here HTH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by