where did they go?

Farmgal101

Crowing
May 29, 2017
I went out to feed my chickens and noticed there was a dead hen in the pen...Its head was missing which i know thats how raccoons tend to kill chickens..What I don't understand is if it was a raccoon it would have probably killed the rest of my chickens if it had gotten in the pen. The two roosters in there are missing and there is a hole in the netting.there is a bunch of feathers from both of the roosters on the outside of the pen but I have not found either of there bodies.I really hope neither of the roosters are dead one of them is my favorite and was the first one to hatch from an egg.I normally don't name my chickens and he was the only one that i named..(brody)he is also my profile picture on here.Is there any hope that there still alive?

Very doubtful,but they have had hens get snatched by foxes and show back up the next day,usually mangled,but still alive and moving.Check around your property,it probably drug them somewhere to feast on.But It probably acme back for each one because I’d imagine it’s fairl difficult to carry to large roosters off.

The two roosters in there are missing and there is a hole in the netting.
Did this happen overnight?
What kind of netting and how big is hole?
Pics would help.
The cock/erels may show up, or not.....only time will tell.
One thing for sure, whatever got them will be back, so repair/upgrade your 'netting'.

Did this happen overnight?
What kind of netting and how big is hole?
Pics would help.
The cock/erels may show up, or not.....only time will tell.
One thing for sure, whatever got them will be back, so repair/upgrade your 'netting'.

Wondering the same things.

Back
Top Bottom