where did we order from

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gretchenhau, Jul 31, 2011.

1. gretchenhau

gretchenhau Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Lebanon Ohio
    2 years ago my husband ordered baby chicks from a location that had information like "runs really fast" (good to escape predators) Protective roosters, that kind of description.

Well they are the best especially the ones that run real fast. Pretty reddish brown bird, not heavy, just beautiful. We love them and want to order more, but I have no idea where he got them. They were shipped he thought for ARK? or something like that, If you have any idea please let me know who this might be, or who reuns fast.

I am serious. We have 30 girls, and 5 boys, would like a couple more, and maybe some for a friend.

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I'm not sure where you ordered from in the past, but here's the link for hatcheries
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=285981
    Maybe you could post a picture of your birds and we could tell you what kind they are. I ordered from McMurray this past spring, and was very pleased with them. Good luck with your search!

3. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Are they RIR's

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Do you have any pictures of these birds?

5. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    That sounds like the sort of description My Pet Chicken uses but I don't think they're located in Arkansas.

Any of the lighter-bodied breeds are going to be quick on their feet. I have Easter Eggers that run like crazy and can jump and flap onto the coop roof without so much as a running start.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  6. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Quote:You arn't kidding! If you want to round up our EE girl, you'd better have at least 2 people and a net. *grumbles about her hard-to-catch bird*

7. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Quote:[​IMG] It once took 2 children, myself, a broom, and a towel to catch my troublemaker Gertrude and she was only ~4 weeks old at the time! Good luck catching her now if she's not feeling like being caught. I use bribes to get her where I need her to go.

8. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    or treats as a bribe, or a gentle grinning black lab with a cold wet nose who is great at nudging. Now all I have to do is tell her to round 'em up and if she lowers her head with that silly grin, they RUN to the coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by