Where do chickens poop most?

Where ever they are standing at the time?
gig.gif
That's where mine always poop.

For me they like to poop on the top step right in front of my sliding glass doors. Usually while standing in on the edge of my begonia flower pot, breaking every leaf into a million peices. Then knocking it over and watching as if no biggie as it rolls down the steps, one after the other, slinging dirt everywhere. Then they just walk back over, poop on the spilt dirt and look into the galss doors at me as if they are wondering why I'm not jumping up to give them a treat.
idunno.gif

Hmmm, I would say mine poop about every 5 minutes where ever they might be at that moment!
th.gif

They do poop a lot at night...the poop board has lots each morning when I go out. I have sand in my coop/run; it helps to dry up all that poo!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Back porch right outside the door on the door matt. DH sometimes washes the porch off 4 times a day. I am working on enclosing the porch but need to get the stuff together, the porch is 8x30 feet. That will still leave the front porch which they discovered recently.
rant.gif

LOL... Well yes, chickens tend to poop in their roosting areas a lot while sleeping at night... they will poop anywhere and everywhere so it's best to have strong wiring as a flooring to pull across your hen house so that the droppings can fall through to the bottom onto the ground or bottom of flooring so it's easiest to clean out... not my favorite thing to do! so we have a bare-earthen floor and the poop gets mixed into hay and disintegrates into the dirt... we have a tri-level hen house and I am so thankful we did that! Hope this helps!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom