Where do I buy tylan? I want the powder kind

Ebay has powder that is cheaper than DrsFosterSmith.....
(DRFS-requires script)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tylan-Solua...159?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230df6df2f

$46.97 / 100 gram/Free Shipping

Think I need to get some, to keep on hand.....

Per Hopkins:
Tylan powder (100 g): Tylan powder is a good antibiotic for respiratory illnesses in peafowl.
Mix 1 ½ teaspoons of Tylan powder into 1 gallon of water and mix thoroughly.
Mix this solution with 5 gallons of drinking water.

Last edited:
Quote:
I just keep Tylan 50 injectable on hand, when you have a problem give a couple cc's right in the breast ,might take a day or two maybe three, but if you can't catch them again, they'll be okay! I'm not a vet, but an old guy that had had peafowl fo lots of years told me that at the first sign of respiratory problem, give them a shot ,if they still have a problem the next day give them another shot, I've done this for the last 4 or 5 years (haven' lost any since using it) don't have to treat everybody just because one has a problem!! I'm not a vet, just passing on info from an old raiser! GOOD LUCK!!!!

I personally have never found the powder as effective as the injectable . You can give the injection just under skin or squeeze some in the mouth...... I go under the skin, seems to work better for me.

Quote:
I just keep Tylan 50 injectable on hand, when you have a problem give a couple cc's right in the breast ,might take a day or two maybe three, but if you can't catch them again, they'll be okay! I'm not a vet, but an old guy that had had peafowl fo lots of years told me that at the first sign of respiratory problem, give them a shot ,if they still have a problem the next day give them another shot, I've done this for the last 4 or 5 years (haven' lost any since using it) don't have to treat everybody just because one has a problem!! I'm not a vet, just passing on info from an old raiser! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Please don't shoot it into the breast... Tylan causes permanent muscle damage. I would consider injecting into the muscle ONLY in and emergency.

Quote:

Please don't shoot it into the breast... Tylan causes permanent muscle damage. I would consider injecting into the muscle ONLY in and emergency.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom