Where do I inject tylan50 into my turkey?

Ok I tried to suck stuff out of the sinus but nothing came out and the sinus ( the swollen part) is very hard is that normal? But he still is breathing wierd what should I do?

Injecting it sub-cutaneous is the best route in my humble opinion because the medicine is absorbed into the soft tissue faster and works better systemically . The bird will not get the full effect given orally . The stomach acids will react with it and make it less effective , there is an oral solution and the injectable one . I prefer the injectable because of the reasons mentioned is all . It's been my experience that the animal gets well sooner injecting the medicine sub -cutaneous .

Quote:
chickenboy1 ,get some alcohol and find a place on the breast and swab it to sterilize the site of injection and pull the skin away from the muscle or meat , and gently ease the needle under the skin and inject the Tylan . Sterilize the top of the medicine bottle also , I use those alcohol preps , but a paper towel dipped in alcohol will work too . How many needles do you have ? You can also pour some alcohol in a cup and after you use the needle and syringe , draw up some alcohol into the needle and syringe and that will help sterilize your needle and syringe . Be sure that the entire needle is dipped in alcohol if you have to reuse that needle and syringe . I am not an authority , but believe injecting medicines when you can , you should . Don't stick it in the infected area . Don't jab it either . My wife generally holds any birds I have to inject so you might want to get someone to help , and don't stick yourself ! It's quite simple and really no pain to the bird . I use insulin needles , they are very small .

Quote:
No , sub-cutaneous means "under the skin " , find a place on the birds breast and inject it there , under the skin only , don't stick it straight into the meat , pull some skin away from the breast .

Ok thanks so right into the skin covering the breast and how much should I put into the sryinge and the spot were I inject it just swab it after injecting and do the same thing the next day or how often and in the same spot?

Back
Top Bottom