where do u buy poultry shipping boxes??

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
Hi all I may need to ship out my 3 -2 1/2 month old standard sized cochins to TN--first ,where do I buy the shipping box and is there an easy thread or post that had any info how to calculate and get to as close to the real cost of shipping?? I have been on USPS and was lost and searched on the net to find info and I must be putting in the wrong info because nothing I have come up with was helpful-Even if I dont ship these birds this week I have to learn because I have some that are positively getting shipped in a bit. Thanks peeps and help would be great!

You can get boxes on eggbid (shipping supplies), or Cutler's Supply in MI, or directly from Horizon Micro-Environments. I got a zone chart and Express Mail postage chart from my postmaster. See if they will give you a copy. Then I weigh my birds in the boxes using a baby scale I got on eBay. Works great for me.
wink.png

Yep, you can buy online at Horizon... they are expensive though! But the boxes you buy MUST be approved, or the PO will not ship them.

Back
Top Bottom