Where do you buy meat birds?

ForFlocksSake

Songster
Jun 2, 2023
North Florida/Panhandle
My husband wants to get some meat birds this spring. Probably about 15. Cost wise it doesn’t make sense to order from a hatchery with shipping charges. Does TSC sell meat breeds? What’s the best way to get chicks to raise for meat? Not too interested in dual purpose. Looking for breeds that are ready to harvest quickly.

My husband wants to get some meat birds this spring. Probably about 15. Cost wise it doesn’t make sense to order from a hatchery with shipping charges. Does TSC sell meat breeds? What’s the best way to get chicks to raise for meat? Not too interested in dual purpose. Looking for breeds that are ready to harvest quickly.
My tsc almost always gets at least 1 batch of Cornish in. Probably a lot more, honestly. Odds are that if you want at least 15, they would likely let you order through them to avoid shipping charges being as much if you're in a rural area if they don't offer CX themselves

CX are available from Welp in 25 bird batches with no shipping at about 1.50 a bird on sale periodically. Otherwise, they're about 2.14 a chick with no shipping. Less than the minimum order gives a shipping charge, but I don't recall if the minimum is 25 or 15 chicks. Had good luck with those. The CX at TSC that I've seen have looked pretty small and not super healthy, but it may have just been my luck. If you don't feed them right straight off, they don't make up the weight well later on. But if you're there to buy them as soon as the store gets them and then feed them well straight off they should be fine I'd think.

I get mine from Meyer hatchery. I've never had issues with health. They have free shipping too.
https://meyerhatchery.com/products/...oiler-Day-Old-Chicks-Free-Shipping-p247747048

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110-125240_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110-125240_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom