Where do you buy your cage materials?

Well, I don't have to worry about predators. Aside from my composting worms I have no other pets and, as I said before, the birds are kept in my house.

Anyone who uses stacking cages to house indoor coturnix, could you explain your system and who you bought them from or if you made them yourself? TIA!

I have bought all my rabbit cage wire from " Klubertanz Equipment co. " they sell alot of wire and also have ready made all wire stackable cages/ pans for rabbits but could be used for anything.
thumbsup.gif

How are your getting along with your quail? If I remember right you were raising them in your garage kinda under cover... Hope its working for ya. Bill

Last edited:
We are getting along well, Bill! Thanks for asking! We had to move them to the basement as well as cull all the roo's but our hens are laying REALLY well, everyone seems happy, and we will be getting some hatching eggs from Quaillady soon to bring some breeders in. We are very happy so far. The only thing I don't like is cleaning cages but that can't be helped.
wink.png
When we get our new set up we hope to have a breeding flock of 18 in 3 stacked cages and use the larger cage the 12 came in as a grow out pen.

They are really fun to raise. We took some hard boiled eggs with us to Easter dinner and I was surprised that many people wouldn't eat them! And I spent all that time peeling the buggers!

Quote:
You know Iv had that happen too... Cant figure why..

Alot of folks make there cages out of 1"x 1" wire for sides and top. Then use the 1"x 1-2" for the bottom. then make a rack to stack them out of 1"PVC pipe and fittings, Tee's and 90's and such. It cuts easy and glues up nice. Just cut in a extra cross brace at the front and back of each one to hold a pan and ur good to go. Stacked cages...Work to stack pre-made rabbit pens too... Bill

Last edited:
I priced the PVC to stack the cages and it was going to be WAY more expensive than buying cages with a stacking kit. I hate it when it is more expensive to build your own than buy prefab. It seems wrong.
sad.png

Quote:
I stack out doors coturnix I make the racks out of 3/4" drain schedule pvc pipe 4 10' pieces and a coupla 10 count bags of3/4" tee fittings I use 1/4"X 3" galvanized eye bolt to set the poop trays on somewhere here there are pictures of my racks on one of these threads then I build the rollout pens like GQF has but mine are 12 X 12 X 24

I get most of my materials from lowes home centers and a local feed store he has better prices on welded wire depending on the size

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom