Where do you buy your poultry supplies in Northern New Jersey?

donnap1967

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
Northern NJ
I apologize right off if this is the wrong place to post but I had no idea where else might be good. I live in Northern New Jersey and not many people have chickens around here it seems. I know of one place around here that sells a couple different chicken supplies but honestly it's limited to feed and LG incubators. I hate to order over the internet and wait for shipping and paying the extra money to have things shipped.

I know there are members who live in Northern New Jersey and I am wondering where they get their chicken supplies. I would hate to have some kind of emergency come up and not have anyplace to turn to for supplies. Besides that I am going to need to start buying things like DE, feeders and waterers.

When you say, "Northern NJ" do you mean the urban NE or the more rural NW. I would think there are farm supply stores in Hunterdon, Warren, Sussex and Passaic counties.

I'm from South NJ (Shamong), so I don't know what there would be if you are talking Hudson or Essex counties. A lot of parakeet/parrot stuff at Petsmart can be used for chickens. It is not as cheap as at a farm supply store though. Brooder lamps can be had at the Home Depot. The sales associates won't know what you are talking about, but they all stock them. Usually in electrical. In fact, I think I bought my brooder lamp at the HD in Springfield, NJ.

There are not that many chickens down by me either, and I'm in a rural area. Horses yes, everyone seems to have them. But chickens haven't caught on yet. Probably because of the bad rap eggs have gotten in the last few decades.

I'm in Hunterdon County and we use TSC or the local Agway. I know there is a TSC in Flanders if you are near there. There's also a big place in Branchville but I can't remember the name of it. If you PM chickenlady I know she goes there! Good Luck!

Quote:
Sorry I should have been more specific. I am on the border of Passiac and Bergen County. Thanks for the advice
smile.png

I am in Central Jersey. Somerset County, but on the borer of Union County. I go to Tractor Supply in Flanders. It is the closets one stop shopping.

It is about 40 - 45 minutes away. But there is nothing is suburbia around here.

Plus I am thinking of making my own feed. More organic minus the soy.

Still tinking about it though. lol.

Back
Top Bottom