Where do you find events?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by fowltemptress, Jan 28, 2008.

1. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    I was wondering how people who are not involved in any poultry groups or whatnot find their information on upcoming shows and events. Maybe I'm too computer illiterate, but I can never seem to find anything, and I am so crippled by shyness that it is torturous to ask the people who might know. The few that I have worked up the courage to ask had no clue, so apparently my instincts about people are off, as well.
    The first time I stumbled onto anything was the A&M show on this forum, and I was so grateful I felt like screaming in glee amongst all the chickens. I think I did squeal in delight when I saw the pair of muscovies.
    I have no interest in showing, but I do love observing. Thanks for any info.

2. seymojo536

seymojo536 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2007
    Central Ohio
  3. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    This is a problem that I have been aware of and hopefully will solve some day, at least for those of us in Texas. I hope some day to have a website for everything concerning poultry events in Texas. Location, dates, rules, contacts, history etc.

Since you are in Texas if you want to email me I will give you a list of shows and contacts to help you out. When you are at the events be sure to ask to be put on the mailing list.

Email me at [email protected]

Bob

4. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    Quote:so you went to the show? wasn't it awesome seeing all those birds! we had such a great time.

are you on the pet chickens of texas site? it's www.petchickensoftexas.com.

michele

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by