Where do you get or how do you make Duck diapers!?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chiko, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I've seen pics of some ducks inside wearing little diapers and I think it's so cute and would love to know how to make them or where to buy them so I can put them on my ducklings and hold them more with out the thought of poop on my shirt hands or whatever else lol thanks!

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
  3. 4nematode

4nematode Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2010
    MD Eastern Shore
    Diapering an animal? I've seen that done with dogs and I think it's abusive...someone want to enlighten me as to why it's okay to treat wild animals like plastic dolls? I suggest having a coop shirt to wear...you have muck boots, don't you?

4. DuckyMom

DuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Though diapering ducks tends to be a contraversal topic, Many people agree that if not left diapered for a long period of time that it should have no negitive effects on them.
    I know if you were to ask my girls what they think of their diapers they would not be calling it abuse. they actually assist in putting on the diapers by standing still, putting their heads through the strap and extending their backs. they could care less that they are wearing them and just love having time in the house to sit on the couch. after all why shouldn't ducks have alittle comfort? [​IMG]
    I must just put out a little reminder!don't bring you ducks in for diaper time during the winter when there is a large temperature diffrence. This can be stressful on their systems.
    Also be sure that they spend most of their day diaper free and the diapers are changed frequently. (sitting in their own poo all day is not what i would call healthy [​IMG]) Along with lots of bathing time! a clean duck is a happy duck!
    Good Luck
    Emily

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Domestic ducks are not wild animals. That being said I don't have any ducks running around here in diapers. Netties ducks live inside. They are only diapered for short periods of time because they have a large indoor pen. She started making the ducks shoes because one of her ducks is very susceptible to bumblefoot. My ducks are slightly spoiled livestock. Her ducks are beloved pets. As long as the ducks are well cared for, does it matter?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by