Where do you order your eggs from?

LukeandAli

Songster
8 Years
Nov 28, 2011
Carver, Oregon
I'm trying to find a good place to order hatching eggs from without paying a ton. Most places I've found either charge about $50-100 per dozen or aren't accepting orders right now. I've seen several of your post about placing orders and I'm jealous! I want some Barred Rock Babies!
smile.png

I'd love it if you'd let me in on your ordering secrets.
big_smile.png

Oh, and while we're at it, where's a good place to get an incubator? And what's your brand of choice?

Thanks a TON!!!!

~Ali

Quote:
Don't look in the store. There is a forum on here for auctions. It's towards the bottom of the main forum page. BYC members sell eggs there.

Did a search on EBAY( barred rock hatching eggs) they had 9 places selling.I really do not like to have my eggs shipped by mail unless there real cheap or real close.Usually I look through whats selling and what I want that is close enough to drive over and pick them up.Contact the seller through ebay and ask if thats accetable to them(that if you bid and win can you drive over and pick them up and save the shipping)Sometimes its doable some times its not.Sometimes there just too far .But its a shot in the dark and sometimes it works...cva34 And of course one of our BYC folks may contact you with some to sell or share....cva34

Quote:
x2

I'd never order from hatcheries because the eggs likely are seriously lacking in nutrients from the poor conditions of the parent hens, and because there's no difference vs ordering the hatchery chicks. Also, hatcheries ask higher prices because there's little demand.

Look around for breeders here on BYC, there's a TON of us, and for just about every color of every breed or mutt combo out there
smile.png
Most of us ask normal cheap to moderate prices, depends what you're looking for. Then there's the occasional auctions to look around in here too.

You'll be surprised what ya find, and you'll be surprised that even the higher prices are often totally worth it.

Hi I'm building a walk in incubator. I have to many eggs and need a bigger one. I'm selling eggs to I have Black Austerlorps,Splash Orpingtons (witch I have alot of questions on) and gold links I'm selling eggs at 6 dollars a dozen plus shipping. Just started to sell on ebay and its going good. Let me know if I can help Thanks Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom