Where do your chickens eat?

mine get fed out in the yard unless we are expecting rain or it's terribly cold. they make a mess with inside, so it works a lot better for all concerned when the feeder is outside. waterer is always outside (except for a few days this winter when i've put it inside to keep it a bit warmer and to keep the chickies from standing around outside in the freezing cold all day).

Mine get fed inside the coop. I don't yet have a roof on my run (25x30), and between other critters eating the feed or critters getting my birds while they get the feed, I find keeping it in the coop a more practical idea. I have 2 feeders in my 8x8 coop, as well as a heated waterer. During the summer, I keep an additional waterer in the run. My original feeder is hung under the droppings board, which is under the roosting area. By having elevated roost boxes & a droppings board under the roost, this really helps clear up floor space for the birds.

I plan on letting mine forage in their run so I will keep the feeder in the tractor. I will have water available both places, and will supplement in the run w/ treats and scratch. I hope this will be cheaper on feed purchases.

Back
Top Bottom