where does everyone keep............

emjay

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
their incubators while full of eggs? as in what room of your house???

and what is the best/ideal spot to put it.

Mine just arrived in post today, so now, I'm plotting my next moves.

I'm a first timer for the incubator.......yikes.

I have my cabinet style Dickey in the laundry room and I use my counter top ones in the kitchen. The big deciding factor for most is a room with a stable temp. Keep out of draft and direct sunlight. Put where it will be safe from pets and small children. Have fun and let the addiction begin.
Nancy

I think I'll put mine on the back porch, next to my freezer.
I'm a newbie, too.

I picked up this book called "Keeping Chickens, the Essential guide."

Maybe that will help you, too.

I have breezed through it, which is why I think I'll set mine away from the noise of video games and movies inside the house.
And the porch is near enough me while I do work on launching my punk rock store , that I can check in on the temperature easily.

Goodluck!

I'm a first timer too , but as I have read...let them get to room temperature for several hours. I hope you had your incubator heating to the correct temp already also. Happy hatching and good luck.

Make shure you let the eggs rest in a regular egg carton over night "pointy end" down. I'm a newbie on day 11... I have my table top in my living room on an antique desk.

Last edited:
Mine use to stay in the spare bedroom, until we turned it into the nursery.
lol.png
The bators are now in the linen closet (my house isn't very big) to keep the dogs away from them.

Mine is in my bed room on what use to be our table in the kitchen we kept our bread and stuff on. Sorry I have better uses for it...LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom