Where does your Rooster sleep?

Pics

woodsygal

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 14, 2013
About a month ago my rooster (P-Diddy) was put in time out for a week due to being aggressive. He's behaving much better but hasn't gone back in the coop since. I was fine with that since it gives the hens a break but was surprised as I'd expected him to want back in their coop. However, the place P-Diddy is staying isn't going to be suitable in cold weather so it seems I'll need to build him his own coop. If he had his way, he'd sleep on top of the coop. When all the hens go in he immediately gets up there until we put him away.
So, this made me curious, where do your roosters sleep? With or separate from the hens? If separate, is it higher than the hens coop?

mine sleep in the laundry in cat cages because my neighbours don't like the crowing, the boys dont mind they are used to it
cool.png

Our rooster Fred is currently out of the coop. I only have 6 hens in there & hes way too rough with only having that many girls. So hes out. He sleeps right on top of the coop too. IN fact, we have 4 young roos, that is also where they prefer to sleep, lol

Our chickens free range but in the evening, the roosters and hens all head for the coop together. We made sure it was large enough that they could find their own space, but seems to work well. The only two that don't seem to go in are the 2 Old English Bantam roosters. Crazy things sleep on the plant hangers on either side of the doorway in the enclosed porch, rather like gargoyls. But, as we no longer live in Maine and southern VA winters are much milder, they seem to do fine.

Back
Top Bottom