Where have all the good sellers gone????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other options, if you think that flying harms the eggs due to low air pressure: send them freight on the Greyhound Bus. Send them freight by train.

If you want to pay for the extra handling, I'm sure you can find sellers who will ship that way for you.

Quote:
Frankly, I don't see where this was really necessary. Do I need you or any other seller bashing me because of my opinion, no I don't. If you don't have anything helpful to say, then don't say anything. Ppl are allowed to rant and have opinions. Not once did I ask anyone change a thing for me, did i? Nope. Nor did I tell you to stop selling if you can't do it right so your post was a bit out of line.

Quote:
I don't think that's true at all.

And big or small the PO doesn't treat the packages any differently which is still where the issue comes in 9 out of 10 times.

Quote:
I don't think that's true at all.

And big or small the PO doesn't treat the packages any differently which is still where the issue comes in 9 out of 10 times.

No but small time sellers treat their customers better.

Since this is a hot thread with buyers and sellers, I have a question. Someone said that there is not much money in selling hatching eggs. I sell brown eggs for $2.00 a doz. I seeg hatching eggs for $5.00 - $40.00 a doz. Aint they the same eggs? I mean sure, you can get pure breeds, but isn't $20 a doz better than $2.00 a doz? Somebody explain to me if my math skills are off?

Quote:
They aren't off. Sellers claim they make no money but funny, me selling eating eggs, the money pays for the feed quite well. If sellers didn't make money then why would they do it? When you sell a dozen silkie eggs for over $50 how are you not making money?

Quote:
They aren't off. Sellers claim they make no money but funny, me selling eating eggs, the money pays for the feed quite well. If sellers didn't make money then why would they do it? When you sell a dozen silkie eggs for over $50 how are you not making money?

IF selling eating eggs pays for your feed, you must not have many chickens.

I can't charge more than $1.50 per dozen for eating eggs in my area. No, they aren't the same eggs.....at least not here. They most times come from different pens and they are certainly handled and stored differently by me.

As I already said earlier the only reason I ever sold hatching eggs was because people contacted me wanting to buy them. I've almost always sold on the auction since I don't like pricing them and I figure that lets the demand for them set the price.

If you truly think that small equals better service I'd have to disagree with you.

I sell many common breeds for $5. a dozen. By the time I wrap the eggs, buy bubble wrap and drive to the post office, what is left? My rare breeds are more pricey, but I don't have show birds so I am not going to get $$$ for my eggs. I like to help people get started and have some fun with hatching. It's not always about the money .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom