1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where is that poop chart?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mermaidgoat, Sep 6, 2011.

1. mermaidgoat

mermaidgoat Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    Vermont
    Looking for that diagnostic poop chart - can't seem to find it - can anyone link?

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. pooh731

pooh731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Hanford, ca
    why do you need a poop chart

4. mermaidgoat

Feb 22, 2009
    Vermont
    THanks. I think that was the one I was thinking of, although it didn't proovide me with an answer. I have a sick chicken who pooped blueish liquid this morning. [​IMG] Was looking for a clue.

5. mdbokc

mdbokc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Oklahoma County, OK
    Blue poop = check for moldy grain - from a question a long time ago. Don't know how accurate it is.

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Also, blue poop can be caused by chickens eating some blue or purple foods. Red cabbage is notorious and I think I've seen blueberries mentioned as well.

Imp

7. Chickpeep

Chickpeep Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2011
    West Kingston
    You mentioned a Sick Chick? Any other symptoms than the poo color?

8. mermaidgoat

Feb 22, 2009
    Vermont
    She's a year and a half old, Ideal 236.
    She started molting a couple of weeks ago and has been looking pretty ragged, but yesterday, I noticed her standing out under a tree with her head pulled into her neck. She stayed there for hours.

Last night she didn't go into the coop - I had to lift her in and brought her some food (which she seemed to eat) and some water spiked with apple cider vinegar.

This morning I quarantined her after noticing her blue diarrhea. She's got droopy wings and is just standing around. Her comb is more purple than the healthy pink it should be, and flopped over. She was wobbly this morning, but that's improved as the day has gone on. She is closing her eyes now, though. I have been feeding yogurt today, along with ACV-spiked water. I also got some Poly Vi Sol into her. Not sure what else to do.

9. momma of a chicken lover

momma of a chicken lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    Minnesota

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by