where is the best place to buy seramas? soon to b 4-h member

I am new to this hobby too, still looking n searching for the one i want. I have heard about Jerry but he does not sell chicks. I am searching for show quality chicks about 6-8 weeks old cuz i want to see my chick grow n mature. I live in Southern California. Do any of you guys have any show quality chick pair for sale?

Yes (Ondra's Seramas), i do aware of that but at least i know the blood line. I am not into this hobby for the money, i just like the prettiness of the breed and watch the chicks grow. Are you suggesting i am better off buying show quality adult? Anyways, do you have any thing good for sale?
smile.png

Quote:
I do suggest that you buy adults, you are less likely to be disappointed. Most serama breeders get 1 or fewer out of 10 SQ chicks. I don't have any forsaleright now.

ARE YOU WANTING THE SERAMAS FOR 4 H PROJECT? IF SO BE SURE AND CHECK YOUR LOCAL REGS FOR YOUR COUNTY 4H, AS SOME WILL NOT ALLOW BREEDS THAT ARENT IN THE APBA BREED REGISTRY (AKA--- SERAMA)

I WOULDNT WANT YOU TO PUT ALL KINDS OF TIME MONEY AND EFFORT INTO SOMETHING YOU CANT EVEN SHOW--- THAT WOULD BE A BUMMER!

Quote:
I got a trio from Jerry to start. Great birds. My birds were young and didn't lay for 2 months after I received them. My birds were not A's by any means. I had 1 B hen, 1 small C hen and 1 small C Roo when I started. I now have many more and the originals are throwing chicks that mature the same size and some even smaller.

Last edited:
Quote:
If I were looking for type in young birds, the youngest I would get them would be 3-4 months....

Really I dont get the SQ thing....do you want birds that have won shows? (or parents that have?)

You can show ANY bird (that doesnt have something to DQ it, like wry tail) ... That doesn't mean they will win though...

I could take my birds to local shows and win, I may even take them to bigger state shows and win, but If I took them to the Cajun Classic, I dont know that I would....? There are such great seramas there, and I would be up against heavy competition...

What if someone had seramas with terrible type and won a local show? Does that make them SQ? There is a guy on ebay with all these ribbons next to his not so great birds, but are they SQ?

If I have a GREAT roo, that has a really irregular comb, but the standard calls for a 5 point comb, and I show him and get 90/100 points (losing some show points for his comb) does that make him show quality if he is lacking something from the standard?

Just wondering!

last ? hopefully if i were to buy some eggs and then sell or give away culls is there plenty of interest in those birds cause i would not b able to house alot of birds beyond the best ones for breeding so i want to make sure that there would b ppl who would take my extra birds. also do u ever ship ur culls and or birds u r selling or do u only do pick up? thank u

I am not being picky about S.Q. or not as long as i get a good looking pair.

Since my county only allow to have 3-4 chicken per house hold; i have to

make the best of it. I found 1 local beeder with Jerry's serama line and

this is what he offers;

1)Jerry Schexnayder's Champion Serama Chicks - $75 for 2 Chicks (Sexed)

Jerry Schexnayder's Champion A-B Serama

2)Juvenile (3 - 5 Months) Male or Female - $75 each

3)Adult (6 Months & Up) Male or Female - $80 - $150 each

Please let me know if this is a good deal to check out. Anyways, if you

guys have anything good (serama) for sale let me know. Thanks.

Quote:
Don't buy them! They are way over priced. And they are NOT "Jerry Schexnayder's Champion "line. 99% of seramas in the US are Jerry's. Most people don't realize that he gives away culls for the cost of shipping. When another person receives a chickens and breeds, it becomes their own line. Many people try to make a $ by dropping his name.

Back
Top Bottom