1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where is the first place you go in BYC?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by heatherindeskies, Sep 24, 2011.

1. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    For me I always go to Recent Posts!

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I go to the Louisiana thread to check in.

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

I go to my posts, then unanswered. I am a newbie and appreciated when my questions were answered quickly..... we are such a NOW society..... I can't answer much but even if I give a bad answer it is much more likely to get a response even if that response is one that corrects my novice remarks.

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    First I usually go to my threads, then Other Pets & Livestock and then Random Ramblings. Then to BYH.

5. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Local laws and how to change them because its just so weird that you have so much trouble getting the chickens that you want. What with towns and cities banning them, housing association troubles (organisations that just seem to put the local busybody in charge) how free actually are you?

6. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    To Games, Jokes, and Fun. Then to Random Ramblings, the shows, and pictures. Then I pretty much do whatever...

7. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I check my own threads first. I'm surprised at how long some of them have become... [​IMG]

8. Runt Of The Litter

Runt Of The Litter Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    cheshire,UK
    Quote:that is ridiculous,perfectly cared for chickens in a urban place shoud not be banned [unless we are talking cockrels whom are,to be fair too noisy for packed in residential areas,their erm vocal talents,obviously much better going to use in rural areas]dont know about anyone else but a lot of the cities over here are full of abusive drunk or drugged people giving the public or police a hard time,they stroll around cities screeching then see someone looking at them and start a fight.cant we ban them to? chickens are far less noisy,far more well behaved and much safer and better to have around us any day,plus they are good pets.

waffle over......
    the board order from first logging on goes like this without fail:
    -random ramblings
    its always been a habit to visit the general board first on any forum have been on.

-emergencies/diseases/illneses and cures
    to see if am ever able to help with anything,and to also build up knowledge.

-coop and run; design,construction and maintanance
    am moving to a different place within the next half year,and will be getting own chickens as henny is our shared chicken,so have been looking on this board often to get ideas,but if save up enough money will probably just end up getting an eglu like our current one as it lasts longer than wood.

predators and pests
    we have lost so many of our chucks,as well as ducks-to foxes,so like to keep watch on everyone elses experiences and how they have dealt with it,not that we ever do stuff like trapping or shooting.

-the rest of the boards are random,will choose depending on what board find most interesting first.

9. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Pic.s and Stories! [​IMG]

10. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Egg, Chicken & other favorite recipes, just love the canning thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by