Where is the yellow coming from-Australorps?

jenangelcat

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
My new chicks are from a blue australorp roo and black australorp hens. Some chicks are blue some are black. They all have black legs, pink foot tops and yellow foot bottoms. They also have yellow skin, earlobes and combs. The yellow is wrong isn't it? The moms have black legs/feet and the roo has grey legs with pink feet.

I was looking forward to breeding australorps but I don't want to sell them if they are defective.

Do Jersey Giants have yellow soles?

Edited to add that I have heard that some Australorp have Jersey Giant Blood in them?

Last edited:
I think they do but neither breeder has jersey giants.

The guy that bred the blacks breeds them for show.

Could be something from somewhere back in their lineage that just decided to show up
hu.gif
It is very odd...

Quote:
Heya Jenangle cat!! Nice to see ya here.

Was this the blue rooster you got from me a few months back? Do you have any pictures?? I can look at them. You can also send me an email if you wish. ( i am the one that sold you the trio of muscovey's and the Blue rooster
big_smile.png
)

Also who did you get the Black's from?

~Colin.

Hey Colin;

It is your blue roo who we absolutely adore by the way. The blacks are from Laurence Jackson.

When I get a chance I'll take a few photos and send them your way. They are really yellow. We had an Easter Egger that started out with slate feet that turned yellow they were older so I was kinda hoping the opposite would hold true here.

Back
Top Bottom