Where is your favorite vacation destination in the USA and why?

I love going to the U.P. of Michigan in late summer. Early/middle summer there are ticks and the blueberries haven't ripened but around the first week of August there are so many blueberries!! The freshest and sweetest and juiciest I've ever had. Also going to the Keeweenaw Peninsula portion of the U.P. was a blast and wading in Lake Superior (and agate hunting of course). Not to mention the FOOD!! You wouldn't believe there is awesome Italian food there but Kingsford, MI is where I've had the best homemade pasta in a restaurant. Giant meatballs and raviolis and homemade red gravy. The pasty is the food of the U.P. and Tony's pasties in Calumet/Laurium is IMO the best I've had so far. Haven't visited the eastern part of the U.P. but we're planning that for our next trips up there.

So many wonderful suggestions!!!! Please keep em' coming!!!!!!
ya.gif

I've learned so much about the country by getting to know BYC members....there's so many more places I want to explore.

you are in NJ isn't wildwood or that area your favorite place?

now on the serious note: Believe it or not my 2 favorite places are home on the farm(rideing in the tractor with the radio on - or hunting. piece and quiet doing what I love)
the other is a small campground 15 minutes away in Elmer NJ. It is in the woods and hanging out with friends. But I am close neough to home to go back to the farm if need be.

I have travel the country and the world for Uncle Sam. I just haven't found a slice of heaven as good as home.

Quote:
Very nice last sentence. Ya made me smile.
smile.png

I've never been to Wildwood. I'm from Connecticut originally. Someone earlier mentioned fall in New England. Yes - it's a must.

Someone also mentioned Cape May. I've never been there either and I think that will be our first stop sometime soon.

More suggestions everyone!!!!! These are great. I'm Googling all of your suggestions as fast as you make them
smile.png

Big Bear Lake, CA. Lucky me, I am only 45 minutes away from this paradise. The smell of pine in the air, the cool crisp air in the summer and the cold crisp air in the winter, novelty shops with crafts abound, and the restaurants are all family owned and each inidivdually different.

Secondly choice is June Lake, CA. I love all the areas around the June Lake Loop, including Gull Lake, Grant Lake and Horseshoe lake. Can you tell I am a mountain gal?

Quote:
I also vacation in Chincoteague, yearly usually...going this year in September....There are great beaches and views, the housing/hotels are inexpensive and there is tons to do there...

Back
Top Bottom