Where should i buy Muscovy Ducklings??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by GAChknGirl, Dec 22, 2009.

1. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Ive been looking at hatcheries but i cant find very many??

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I don't know how old you wanted to start with but The Old Rebel has lots of Muscovies males and females that are less than a year old she is trying to find homes for. She lives within driving distance (at least to me). I will drive 2-3 hrs. to pick up an animal if I want one bad enough. At least you would be able to have them sexed because they are old enough to tell. I got 2 scovies from her and they are the sweetest things. Just a thought......you could get a pair.

I just checked and it is 3 hrs to Monroe from here. 1 1/2 if you guys met 1/2 way each.....

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  3. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:I might do that i will see where she is

4. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

5. MDC

MDC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    KS
    Just a word of caution, Stromberg's doesn't actually own any birds that I am aware of, they actually have their chicks drop-shipped from breeders. Used to be Brian Schulte out of Minnesota, I think, but he's no longer breeding at the moment so I don't know who they have now. Can save a few $$ by cutting out the middle man and buying direct from a breeder.

6. Jake 1972

Jake 1972 New Egg

Oct 22, 2013
    I found some in winder ga from a guy named Bryan 20 dollars a piece his email is mcraw72@hotmail.com very healthy birds and he lets them free range on large pond.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] Now we need to see pics [​IMG]

8. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I would start by checking your local craigslist. There are TONS of muscovy ducks/ducklings for sale this time of year. You may find someone close to you

But if you are looking for specific colors, patterns, or for special breeder ducks, then the suggestions above are a good place to start to ensure you get quality birds from a reputable breeder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by