Where should I put my coop?

PoofBallSilkie

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2019
I was thinking about putting my coop and run here. Anyone have any thoughts? I was wanting something rather close to the house. But not close to the street or other people’s houses.

Last edited:
I was thinking about putting my coop and run here. Anyone have any thoughts? I was wanting something rather close to the house. But not close to the street or other people’s houses. My HOA doesn’t allow poultry for some reason so I’m trying to keep the coop at a low profile.
Someone’s gonna hear them!

I would advise against getting chickens if your HOA doesn't allow them. As others have mentioned, hens can be incredibly loud. I've had them in the city and now I have them in the country.

I can easily hear them from several hundred feet away if they're making a racket-which they do every single day.

People aren't exaggerating about the noise. A hen laying an egg can easily rival the barking of a large dog. All the "quiet breeds" included.

I would advise against getting chickens if your HOA doesn't allow them. As others have mentioned, hens can be incredibly loud. I've had them in the city and now I have them in the country.

I can easily hear them from several hundred feet away if they're making a racket-which they do every single day.

People aren't exaggerating about the noise. A hen laying an egg can easily rival the barking of a large dog. All the "quiet breeds" included.

My chickens make way more noise than my dogs! LOL!

What about just 3
Sometimes mine are completely silent for hours and you do not know they are there but they are going to make noise. The only time I can guarantee mine to be completely silent is when the sun goes down. When they first start laying eggs they make such a racket! I think the whole process of the egg moving through their bodies scares them or something, because the first year they are so noisy!

Back
Top Bottom