Where should we go on vacation this year? SC, TN, or WV?

Where should we go on vacation?

• Charleston, SC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gatlinburg, TN

• Cass, West Virginia

• Total voters
Quote:
I have always stayed just outside of town and drove into the historic district.
You can save money that way.

Quote:
We stayed at a hotel right down town on a harbour, I think the cost was $72.00/night for 2 adults and 3 kids...the suite was $102.00/night...to me this was very reasonable, as a crappy room in this town of 5000 will cost you $120.00/night!
Just be careful, one wrong turn and you are cruising over the Atlantic to Europe! My daughter and I laughed so hard as many times as we got lost and went sight seeing by mistake. But we found some great places while being lost!
roll.png

ETA...it was a La Quinta....corporate code LOVES try it, it will work and no ID is required..but reserve online for the discount

Last edited:
West Virginia is not "almost" heaven. It is heaven.
The Cass train is nice but we took a train out of Elkins, WV that was a great ride.
http://mountainrailwv.com/
We chose the parlor car option because it was just the two of us and it is an adult only car.

It's probably too late to book it, but in Durbin, WV they also have a caboose that is for overnight stays.
We rode in our private caboose out to the middle of nowhere and then they dropped us off.
The caboose was fully stocked. Just brought our own food. It even had a DVD player.
The owners of the caboose(s) were very nice.
The engineer was super friendly. Gave me a tour of the coal burner (I really didn't care LOL) and then he walked us through the whole train telling us about each car's history.
Of course, I've never met a person from WV who wasn't friendly and helpful.

So my vote is for West Virginia.

It just really depends on what you like best and what the summer schedule of events is at each place.

The events schedule can really be important. Even if an event isn't your cup of tea, town might be awful jammed up during that event(maybe no hotel rooms left, parking/driving a headache), so it really helps to look at their summer schedule.

What do you like to do? How do you want to spend your time?

For me, I think SC would be the choice, I haven't been there in a long time and I'd like to see the historical district (yup I always stay at some low price spread (a B&B, a pension, etc) out away from the main attractions and take a shuttle or public transportation, so core area expenses don't bother me either).

But each place offers so much, just depends on what you enjoy best.

Back
Top Bottom