Where to buy affordable keets?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by swtbtrcup, May 24, 2011.

1. swtbtrcup

swtbtrcup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    White Springs
    I currently have 6 french guinea keets that are about a week old. I just learned the issues with their fertility so I want to get more keets. (I purchased these at a local store and he only sells the french). I really can't afford to order the keets from some of the larger hatcheries due to the quantity they require you to purchase.

Does anyone know of alternate places to get 15-20 keets? Color doesnt matter. I like variety. I live in north central Florida.

Thanks
    Carol

2. melroseladi

melroseladi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Melrose, Florida
    I am over in Clay county (Melrose/Keystone) and saw an ad on CL G'ville for keets for 4.00 in Melrose. There is also a Jax CL ad for keets in Middleburg for 2.00.

I am hoping I get some keets hatched by the hen end of next week and will have some for sale, the Guinea Goddess willing, of course.

3. swtbtrcup

Apr 22, 2010
    White Springs
    Oh thank you! My oldest daughter lives in Arlington so I may need to make a trip out there. I will check out CL.

Hope the Guinea Goddess listens to you. I didnt get any to hatch from the 20 I had in the 'bator. Maybe I will have better luck with the Turkey and Duck Goddess lol.

Carol

4. kyle7630

kyle7630 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Semora NC
    Quote:I've read that if you free range them, they will breed on their own. Free range birds are a little slimmer and in better shape to breed without AI.

5. rhodesfarm

rhodesfarm Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    With respect to free ranging the French guineas and getting more fertility, my experience with our free-ranging flock is that the hens lay plenty of eggs but none have been fertile.

6. swtbtrcup

Apr 22, 2010
    White Springs
    I plan to free range them but figure I should get some other guineas so I can have keets in the future.

I've done alot of things but I just don't see AI for french guineas in my future hahah.

7. jerryray

jerryray Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Western Kentucky
    You might want to check with Ideal Hatchery, you can order the number you are wanting. I order my leghorns from them and there was not a certain number you had to buy.[​IMG]

8. fledgling

fledgling Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    Are you still looking for keets? We just had a surprise batch and would happy to share. We are also in North Florida (Clay County).

9. HoldensLandingChickGirl

HoldensLandingChickGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Northwest Connecticut
    I got ours from efowl.com - lowest minimum i could find (15) and the price was reasonable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by